Welcome to Gastrointestinal surgeon
Dr. J. K. A. Jameel
Dr. J K A Jameel is a Senior Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist & Minimal Access Surgeon practising at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai and Apollo Clinic, T Nagar, Chennai. Having qualified from Stanley Medical College, Chennai, India, Dr. Jameel trained and worked in UK for nearly 14 years. His postgraduate surgical training was in Yorkshire, UK, where he underwent 2 years of Basic Surgical training, 2 years of Oncology research and 6 years of Higher Surgical training, sub-specialising in Gastrointestinal surgery, Laparoscopic surgery and Bariatric Surgery. His Higher Surgical training programme in reputed institutions in UK has given him experience in a wide variety of Upper Gastrointestinal/ Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic and Colorectal Surgical operations with special emphasis on Minimal Access Surgery. He successfully obtained the CCT (certificate of completion of UK training) in Feb 2011 and practised as a Consultant Surgeon in the National Health Service, England for over 2 years before returning to India.
Dr. Jameel holds Fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons of England, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. He also holds Fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery from the International College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA. He has also obtained a Masters (MSc) from the University of Hull, East Yorkshire. As a Consultant Surgeon in UK, he has trained a number of surgeons on the Yorkshire basic and higher surgical training programme. He is currently an examiner for the Intercollegiate MRCS exams conducted by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. He is also a teaching faculty on the International FRCS examinations training courses conducted by the Royal College Of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Dr. Jameel has presented in a number of surgical conferences in Europe, USA and Asia. He has to his credit a number of peer-reviewed articles published in international journals.
Dr. J. K. A. Jameel
- Perforated gastric/ duodenal ulcer closure,
- Anti-reflux surgery (fundoplication),
- Reduction of large hiatus hernia repair/ gastric volvulus,
- Heller’s cardiomyotomy for achalasia cardia,
- Splenectomy for haematological disorders.
- Cholecystectomy – simple & radical,
- Cholecystectomy & on-table cholangiogram,
- Common Bile duct exploration,
- Liver cyst (simple/ hydatid) excision/ de-roofing & drainage.
- Pancreatic pseudocyst – Cystgastrostomy,
- Whipple’s procedure,
- Pancreatic cyst enucleation,
- Subtotal/ distal pancreatectomy,
- Pancreatico-jejunostomy/ other drainage procedures for chronic pancreatitis,
- Pancreatic necrosectomy/ abscess drainage.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass,
- Mini gastric Bypass,
- Sleeve gastrectomy,
- Gastric band.
- Hemicolectomy – right, left,
- Sigmoid colectomy,
- Anterior resection of Rectum,
- Abdominoperineal Excision of Rectum (APER),
- Hartmann’s procedure,
- Rectopexy for rectal prolapse,
- Small Bowel resection,
- Anal Canal surgery,
- – fissure,
- – fistula,
- – haemorrhoids (piles),
- – peri-anal abscess.
- Inguinal/Femoral hernia,
- Ventral hernia,
- Incisional hernia,
- Epigastric hernia.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy,
- Intra-abdominal biopsy.